Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Kyoto, Purikura, Ikumi, and Saaya

Hello Friends and Family!

I'm soooo sorry that it has been so long since I last updated. We've been sooooo busy and crazy and floopy. Floopy is not really a word, but if it was, it would mean crazily disorganized...or something like that.

First, I would like to thank everyone so much for supporting me through prayer and finance. Our team has needed the prayer so much...we are now at the point of our trip where the rubber really hits the road. Relationships are being established with students, and we need those to be God-centered and purposeful. Also, the rest of our team from California arrived last week, and they are learning to adjust at a much faster pace than we had to. Please pray that they will feel welcome and accustomed to the ministry as soon as possible. May we love God with all our hearts, share in that love with our team, and then spread that love to the Japanese students.

As far as finances, I am still in need of funding. I am at about 70% now (Thank you soooo much! Praise God!). I still need $1,689 to be fully funded. I humbly ask if you would pray about contributing to this ministry.

Also, some of my other teammates are still not fully funded. If you feel led, here are the links to give:

Me

Susan

Liz

Aiko

Kevin



BREAKING NEWS

The BEST club just got back from our trip to Kyoto, and it was pretty great.




Above: This is Yasushi, Mikhun, Daijo, and Ty. They are four great guys in Tokyo Best.



Above: This is Saaya. She's pretty great. I've had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with her, and she is a wonderful friend. She is involved in a Bible Study in BEST with Aiko.



This is Liz, one of the Setters that came late from California. We have had the distinct pleasure of making ridiculous faces and dancing on the streets of Japan together. She's a wonderful co-laborer in Christ! I guess we'll keep her.



This is Kyomisu Temple in Kyoto. It is probably the most beautiful place I've ever been.



AAAAAAND for your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures taken in a Japanese photo booth. Susan and I were able to spend some quality time with Yuri, Kuri, Ikumi, and Naoko.












Please be praying especially for my friendship with Ikumi. I am helping her write a speech for our Intensive English class. The topic she picked is the meaning of life. We have had some great conversations, and she is including a Bible verse in her speech. She is interested in reading the Bible with me, and is very excited to learn that Bibles are printed in Japanese! Please pray that God would lead our time and keep softening her heart to His word. Pray that I would be diligent in pursuing her with the love of Christ.

I will post again soon! There is so much to say!

Thank you!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Wonderful! I was praying a lot for you guys as I was travelling for my trip! (i'm here! I'm here!!)

Hey! I have sweet news. There's was a new girl at CESL named Yuuka who is from Chuo University and will be studying at UofA in the fall! Get excited!

love you!

diro said...

Ashley! I'm writing from Russia during one of the rare moments we have internet. But know that I am praying for you and for sweet God-authored friendships there ;)

Our trip is coming to an end in less than a week. I'll update you more on that later.~ Love you dear!

Ashley Axup